Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stripe Fascination Conundrum



I have been fascinated by striped tights for quite awhile now. I don't know how this all started, or why. I have run the idea by my soon to be 14 year old, she squealed with disgust at the thought of me wearing them. I have never mentioned them to Jaded J, but I am sure some witch inference would spit from his salty tongue.


Yet, with all of the objection....I still want them.


Today, I was looking through my blogs I follow and there was Lilli from Frocks & Frou Frou wearing the cutest outfit with striped tights. Here is the link. It made me want them all the more, because I have that basic outfit, except the tights. Of course Lilli is young and is way more than hip than me, so she can pull it off. But....I can't help but think that I would be darn cute in them too.


So what are your thoughts?


And one more blogger who pulled them off with panache, here.

3 comments:

jadedj said...

Well, OK, you threw down the gauntlet in my salty-tongued path, and I simply cannot let this float by.

Perhaps you should consider the insect kingdom when making sartorial decisions. Specifically, the wasp...the stripped legged wasp which buzzes about stinging unsuspected victims. And as we all know, it is the female insects which inflict bodily harm, etc.
So, basically...they are just damned scary.

Anonymous said...

Georgia,
Lilli and Monkey look gorgeous in their stripped tights but you know what? So would you! These ladies serve to inspire us to break the rules by wearing what we want and like. I say go for it! JadedJ, adorable as he is, has a right to his opinion. But what does he know, he's a guy! hee hee! :) Wear the tights, Georgia! You'll look darn cute!

Minx's Den said...

my most recent addition is flowers....flowers everywhere! my hubby thinks I am crazy! hope you faired well with the extreme heat today! I did by going swimming! hope all is well with you!